Monday, November 25, 2013

Uh, Yeah, I'm Pinterest Saavy!

This is the time of year when my creativity goes into overdrive and I put all this pressure on myself to accomplish all these projects that my life can't really handle. Case in point ... tonight, dear beloved (sometimes a jackass) husband wants me to join he and his sister at dinner since his sister's life long best friend is coming into town and we're Facebook friends. I'm super excited to meet her, I feel like we have bonded over some similar experiences BUT I have made some weirdo decision to make "stuffin muffins" for our office potluck tomorrow. #1, I'm not the greatest cook but #2 I am going to attempt to make something for the first time that many strangers will eat and remember for the entire next year. This involves shopping for the ingredients tonight, getting home and cooking while also keeping with my goal to have my TOTAL house clean for my Thanksgiving guests. Yes, no shoving everything in the bedroom and closing the door, I want everything to be clean so that any guest can wander in any room without fear on my part. Believe it or not, I did have a guest once that opened a closed door because she wanted to see "all" of my house .... I was mortified because everything was literally shoved into that room which was not clean. Besides, in my world, an organized house is an organized mind and I SOOOOOOOO need to get there. The dear beloved (sometimes a jackass) husband offered to do the ingredient shopping for me AND help me cook it when we got home if I'd join dinner plans, so I agreed. In the meantime, the snow is falling here in Lake Forest, Illinois and I am enjoying my lunch on a very busy work day.

Anyway, back to the original point before I rambled.... I am Pinterest saavy! I know you had no doubt. I laid my eyes on a picture that I just fell in love with and I knew it was born to be on my coffee table as part of my holiday decorating. My goal on these projects is always to put it together with re-purposed items or do it really inexpensively and boy did I excel for a beautiful end result on this one. I did it for UNDER $25!


Isn't it beautiful? I got the tray from Meijer for $7 ... wasn't quite what I had in mind, but I really love it after putting it together. I got the miscellaneous wood things on the tray in a value bag at Hobby Lobby for $5. I got the candlesticks at Big Lots ON CLEARANCE for $2.50 each. I got the pitcher at Ross Dress for Less for $4.99 (it really was too ugly for anyone to buy but fit so nicely into my scheme). I had the candles at home and got the sticks at the dollar store and threw in a $.99 glittery pick for some color.

I am so thrilled by the end result and so sad that it will go into storage on Sunday when I put up the Xmas decorations. I am giving some thought to creating something along the same lines though for Xmas. Super excited! More on that to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment