Friday, December 20, 2013

The New Year

I know everyone sets resolutions and lots of goals they can never attain and I don't want to pretend like that is what I am going to do. Instead I am going to be realistic. My goal really is to be a better person .... in a lot of different ways. I want to be smarter, I want to be more healthy, more active, I want to be more productive, more organized, I want to feed my need for creativity, I want to find inner peace, I want to be more financially aware ... a lot of things that would make me a better person than I am today.

Each month, I am going to focus on one of the 10 Principles of Personal Development:

I will be loving towards all whom I meet.
I will forgive all who attempt to harm me.
I become what I think; therefore, I will think only thoughts of greatness.
I will look for ways to strengthen those who have less than I.
I will always seek knowledge and truth.
I will always be honest.
I will never waste what I am given.
I will be grateful for all that I have.
I will develop a spirit of optimism.
I will have faith in something greater than myself.
I will make efforts to be more healthy.

As you can see, there are 11 above (I didn't number them for that reason) ... I added the last one. Instead of setting goals I can't keep, I will work toward being better in these areas and work harder to improve myself from who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment