Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bloggers Beware

I'm sure that anyone who blogs at some point has been on the receiving end of someone who isn't thrilled with what you wrote about them and I'm sure that one of the cardinal rules of blogging is that you never go back and take down a post because someone doesn't like it.

Apparently, my blog post on Fat Tuesday offended my friend. Further, she shared with me that everyone she showed didn't think it was funny either. For that reason, I will make a public apology here. I never meant to offend her, I still don't know how you offend someone when you are really just saying positive things about them in a fun but poking kind of way. Is being 80 pounds, an avid runner and someone who is fitness conscious something to be offended about? I dunno ... I guess so. I wish someone could offend me that way. She said I wrote about her like she didn't eat the paczki because she was being health conscious. If I led anyone to believe that, it wasn't the case. Apparently (and I didn't know this), she doesn't like any kind of filled donuts and that's why she didn't eat them. Nevermind that she missed the whole point that I redirected my morning to go get some paczki and make something fun out of our Fat Tuesday workday and that I was disappointed that she acted like I was an idiot for thinking anyone would want them. But let the record show that "she" only didn't eat them and partake in my excitement because she doesn't like jelly filled or cream filled donuts. I also apologize if anyone thought I was trying to make her the brunt of the joke .... I was just recounting an experience in a joking sort of way and she felt that was at her expense, I guess.

I sure hope the wine I will consume after work makes the mood (and this day) a little lighter! Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your friend was offended. I understood your blog to be more of an expression of your accumulated frustration than trying to poke fun at anyone, much less someone you clearly care about and consider a friend. I hope that your relationship heals and things become better.

    . . . And how was that wine and after work celebration??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think we learn something new everyday about ourselves and those we love and care about. Thank you for understanding the true motivation behind my blog post. My HR co-workers showed me a great time at our wine celebration and made me feel extra special. I am going to miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete