Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Holy Detox Bath

I became intrigued by something I found on a fellow blogger's site intended to remove toxins from your body. I'm all about this witch doctor, alternative medicine kind of things. I just love it. After discovering Shea Terra Organics (www.sheaterraorganics.com) and using the Black Soap and realizing there is no greater facial cleanser on this earth that could make your skin feel so exfoliated, young and tight without all the chemicals and other shit you find in some of the most famous brands, I have been seeking this kind of stuff out ever since.

Anyway, I tried to do the bath on Monday night and got all excited and I dumped my stuff into the bath and then realized that my kids had used every single last bit of hot water in the house so I couldn't do the bath. Didn't work completely the way it was intended. So last night, I did it again and I do admit, pretty awesome. Don't expect this to be some crazy magical relaxing bath in which you'll enjoy a glass of wine. You gotta drink a glass of water before you do it, while you do it and chug a nice cool one after you do it. The bath itself is COMPLETELY exhausting. You will be tired and you will continue to sweat not just during the bath but after too. You will have one of the most delicious slumbers you have ever imagined. That part IS magical. The next day you really do feel revived. It will be interesting to see if I feel better after I do this for awhile.

Interestingly, I've been fighting a sinus cold for weeks now, waking up stuffy and have headaches and ear congestion and it appears today that those symptoms are now completely gone. Not sure if the bath helped, might just be a coincidence.

So I recommend you try it if you can go into it with a positive mind .... I find things always go better when you are open to the possibilities.

Enjoy!

http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/03/diy-relaxing-detox-bath-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment