Thursday, November 8, 2012

Five Pounds

So I got back from vacation at the end of October and I was thrilled to find that I didn't gain any weight on vacation.  After all, I did share a piece of cheesecake that was (no lie) bigger than the slab of ribs they drop on the Flintstone car.  I decided that I was getting too fixated on the scale as it wasn't moving as quickly as I was hoping it would.  I am, after all, older this time around.  So I decided I was thrilled with the fact that my clothes are getting bigger and bigger and I am going to enjoy that as opposed to focusing on the number.  So it's been about 2 weeks and I just jumped on the scale tonight out of just sheer curiosity and.....

I HAVE LOST FIVE POUNDS SINCE I GOT BACK FROM VACATION!!!!!!!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Earlier this year I was planning to have gastric bypass in the Spring.  As the "date" approached I was still 20 pounds away from where the surgeon wanted me to be before he would perform the surgery.  I was so frustrated so I gave up on that too.  Today, I am below that weight that he wanted me to be.  I am so psyched!!!!  I'm going to keep going and see if I can't do this on my own.

I owe much of this success to my co-worker, Melissa.  Melissa today weighs 113 lbs.  She's beautiful.  She doesn't need to be doing Atkins.  Wait, just incase you don't believe me, let me show you a picture of Melissa from her recent vacation that she just returned from:



Yep, see ... she doesn't need to be doing this AT ALL.  But for whatever reason she has been doing it with me and sticking to it for weeks now.  I keep asking her if she's doing this because she feels better and while she assures me she is, I don't know if I believe her.  I think she just felt bad for me but I can't tell you how much I value the kind of friend she has been to me the last several months.  I'm doing it and nothing was working before.  It's coming off, people are noticing, my clothes are bigger, I feel better.  Thank you Melissa, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment