Monday, November 5, 2012

On Track!

Well, I'm down about 26 lbs and I slipped off the wagon this weekend.  I was run down, tired and in a complete carb coma.  I'm back on track today.  I didn't get to make Ceviche last night so I came home today and went out to the store to get some groceries (that I didn't do yesterday) and came home to chop everything up.  Now I know why Ceviche is so expensive in restaurants!  It's a lot of work.
Here's what I made:

1# Fresh Red Snapper Filet
1# Fresh Shrimp
A Cup of Bay Scallops
The juice from 10 Limes
The juice from 5 Lemons
1 Serrano Pepper Obliterated on the Food Processor
1 Bunch of Cilantro Obliterated in the Food Processor
1 Red Onion Chopped Into Small Pieces
3 Vine Tomatoes, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 Orange Pepper (or Red or Yellow if you Prefer)
A Pinch of Kosher Salt
A Pinch of Iodized Salt
A Pinch of Ground Mexican Oregano

Cut all the fish into bite size pieces.  Mix with 1/3 of the onion and the serrano pepper in a ceramic or glass bowl and the kosher salt.  Cover the fish with the juice of the lemons/limes (you likely won't use all of it).  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until the fish is "cooked."

Mix together the chopped pepper, cilantro, tomato and onion with the ground mexican oregano and iodized salt.  Cover that bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.

Once everything is done, discard juice from fish and mix everything together.  Serve with sliced lime, fresh avocado and tortilla chips.

I'll post a picture when mine is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment