Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

It's Tuesday ... besides being voting day (blech) it is also the greatest TV day of the week!  I hit the DVR this morning to rearrange the priority levels (because we record too many damn things at once so you have to juggle things around a bit to make sure everything is recorded) only to find that half the shows aren't even on.  I'm sure it has something to do with voting .... likely they will further torment us until the moment when we REALLY find out which candidate we are doomed with.  Well, at 9 PM when the rest of the world is agonizing over our fate, I will be nestled in bed watching Sons of Anarchy!  You betcha!  I will wait until morning to find out what doom has been bestowed upon America.

Despite my doom and gloom outlook on voting, I am a voter and will faithfully fulfill my American obligation on my way home tonight.  I'm not convinced my vote, or anyone's for that matter, really means anything.  My son says that I shouldn't vote if I am not fully educated on the candidates because I'm doing more harm than good, after all, that's how Bush got elected into office.  <sigh>  Well, I know what's important to me and I at least did the research to ensure I am voting for the candidate that (mostly) matches those things.

On a follow up note, I made the ceviche last night and to my surprise this morning it was done.  The damn citrus juice REALLY did cook the seafood.  Crazy!  I mixed it all up and it was pretty delicious.  I invited the bestie over tonight for some ceviche and wine but she's not good at those impromptu things so I'm guessing that won't happen.  I made a lot of Ceviche for just me .... the husband works tonight so I will be on my own.  I promise to take a picture before I eat it all.  It was delicious and once I slice an Avocado to go with it .... yum, HEAVEN!

That reminds me.....need to go to Trader Joe's on the way home and grab some Vhino Verde!  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment