Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Days 1-7

Good Lord, I'm a total idiot. The whole inspiration for starting this blog before November 1 was to countdown everyday something that I am thankful for ...... as usual, I start rambling and now it's the 7th of November and I forgot to start.  Story of my life!  It's kind of like starting your kid's baby book when they are 18!

So, starting today I am going to countdown the things I am most thankful for up until Thanksgiving.  These will fall in no particular order of importance, they are just random thoughts.  Since I'm supposed to be on Day 7, let's catch up!


I am thankful for my son, Zach.  Zach is 20 and a big pain in my butt, but he's the best thing I ever did.  He's the reason I have waken up for the past 20 years, he's my reason to laugh, my reason to grow, my reason to cry, my reason to smile, my reason to breath ..... I could go on.  I am so thankful for everything he has brought to my life.  Okay well, I could have done without some of the bad stuff, but mostly it has been good.  He's my purpose and I love him more than I could ever put into words.

I am thankful for my daughter.  Actually, she's my step daughter but I really and truly consider her my own.  I swore off girls very early in my child bearing years.  I'm one of them, who would want one?  Bitching. Complaining.  Moaning.  Drama. Periods. PMS ..... ugh, no thank you!  Lily entered my life 6 years ago and I was actually afraid of the future but today, she is one of the most amazing parts of my existence.  She's growing into a beautiful young woman.  She is still finding herself and discovering the world.  She'll turn 16 in June and just about every single day (minus the PMS days), I love her more than I ever imagined possible.


I am thankful for my husband, Casey.  I met Casey in January of 2007 and my life changed forever.  He's a stubborn ass a lot of the time and says a lot of things I hope he doesn't mean, but ultimately, I know I've found my partner in life.  He's really strong (like a bull), he makes me laugh, he takes a stress from my life that I never thought I would get rid of and when he wants to be, he is incredibly supportive.  He and I are at our best in crisis ... together, we can do anything.  I love him!

I'm thankful for my job with Solo Cup.  Although we were acquired this year and my job won't be my job anymore in the next year, it has been a great 8 years.  I love the people that I work with, I love what I do, I love what we've built and I am going to be incredibly sad to leave it.  The iconic red Solo Cup as we know it today is no more and although it will continue to be made and go on, it will never be the same.  Here's to you, Red Solo Cup!


I'm very thankful for Gabriel, my nephew and Godson.  I feel blessed that someone thought of me as a spiritual leader for their child and just seeing his little smiling face brings me so much joy.



I'm sooooo thankful for my dogs.  Huey came first and then Ellabella.  They bring so much happiness and love into my life.  I thought I loved my kids ....... and then my dogs came along.  :)  I am so grateful for their unconditional love, their slobbery doggy kisses and their warm snuggles.


I am grateful for my parents because I know they did their best.  Now as a mother, I imagine it couldn't have been easy to raise a child like myself.  If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be the person I am today and without their help through the years, I might not even be where I am today. <3

Ok, we're caught up!


No comments:

Post a Comment