Friday, November 9, 2012

Great Day!

Thank God all the Obama bitching is dying down .... Good Lord, I feel like saying "If you don't like it, pack up and move."  As Americans, we all have the duty of supporting our President.  There's nothing we can do about it now, we had our vote, now live with it.  He's the people's choice whether he was yours or not.  People want to blame everything on him .... the problems started with Clinton and continued on from there .... Obama didn't create the mess we are in today.  Cmon people.  Anyway, I just got done saying I was glad it was all dying down so I will stop my rant now.  There done.  Let's give him a chance.

Today was a great day!  The scale this morning revealed I really lost 8 lbs, not 5 lbs (best to weigh yourself in the morning .... yeah, I'm going with that!)  I fit into a size smaller pants this morning and put on a shirt I haven't worn in 3 years.  I got so many compliments this week on how good I look and it's very motivating.  I feel like maybe I can really do it this time.

God bless Melissa, she celebrated with me even though she downed a bottle of cough medicine last week (not realizing it had sugar in it) and ate a whole bunch of beef jerky this week (not realizing there are 4 carbs in a serving) and so her weight loss is a little slower.  She cracks me up.  I love her support.

We went out to lunch to TGI Fridays where I would never usually go and we both ordered a blue cheese crusted steak with tomato mozarella salad and broccoli.  YUM.  Our waiter was so sweet, for dessert, he brought us a big dish of Redi Whip (very low carb dessert).  We loved it!

Got a great email from a friend from my childhood filled with compliments and encouragement.  It was such a beautiful email.  It's amazing when you blog and share your struggles how it helps to empower other people and they open up and share too.  This blog may be one of the best things I've done in a long time.

Hoping to enjoy the weekend although there are a lot of domestic duties that need to be accomplished.  On a positive note, my oldest will be home from college this weekend and I always love his visits. Sunday my husband and I are doing the Tow Trucks for Tots event.  It should be fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment