Sunday, November 4, 2012

Low Carbing

I have been low carbing for the past few months.  Years ago I lost a significant amount of weight and felt great doing the Atkins diet.  In preparation for my recent vacation to the Carribean, I decided to do it again and I've been happy with the results so far.  It hasn't been as easy as it was 10 years ago ... I'm married now, I like food even more now and I have the money to buy what I want to eat.   Anyway, on Thursday I had dinner with my best friend and while I didn't intend on over indulging, we drank a whole bottle of red wine, had a few tortilla chips and shared some decadent dessert.  That was the beginning to a very terrible weekend of feeling absolutely horrible.  Friday we went to dinner with two friends and I had a few bites of some deep fried Okra and pickles, had two beers but otherwise ate pretty on program.  Saturday we went to a Halloween party and there were not very many options there for me........I ate an Italian beef sandwhich and then stupidly put a cookie in my mouth as well as a small slice of cheesecake and a few glasses of wine.  I won't recount how horrible I felt every single day but needless to say, it's back on program today.  I am going to try my hand at making Ceviche tonight.  I love fish and it's healthy.  I spent the morning in bed recovering from this weekend binge, if you want to call it that and I don't want to feel this way ever again.

Watch my blog later for an account of the Ceviche making experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment